The long and winding road to fitness, day 66

Arby's Melt on onion bun add red ranch & 1 oz ...

Image via Wikipedia

Oh my goodness, I am so tired tonight after working  almost twelve hours today.  It was a very productive day, but a very long one as well.

I was in kind of a rush this morning.  I stayed up way too late watching The Real Housewives of New Jersey, of all things.  I just couldn’t stop watching…not sure what it is, but there’s something there that keeps me watching.  But that kept me up way too late.  I ended up setting the alarm for 5 am which didn’t give me enough time to prepare either a lunch or a breakfast.  Yikes, that’s not a good beginning to my day.  My breakfast consisted of trail mix.  Better than donuts, right?   One of the girls went out for lunch and I foolishly had her pick me up a sandwich from Arby’s, just like the one pictured here…at least I didn’t get sick this time!!  I ended up with almost 1900 calories for the day…not so good, but not terrible either.

I walked for an hour today, that’s it on the exercise for the day.  We did have a huge truck come in this morning though, so I got in a lot of walking and lifting at work.  Tomorrow is the day I’m going to do two cardio workouts and a strength training one.  I think what I’m going to start doing is double cardio workouts on my days off of work…then add another day or two as I move forward.  For some reason, the exercise is easier for me to do than eating a healthy diet.  I need to figure out how to consistently do both at least 80% of the time…you know, that old 80/20 rule…eat healthy 80%  of the time and you can afford some not so healthy options the other 20% of the time.

Do you believe that’s true or are you one of those people who has to be perfect?  How does perfection affect you when you don’t attain it?